Saturday 18 May 2013

10,000 steps baby!


I'm doing the global corporate 10,000 steps challenge. The idea is that you aim to take at least 10,000 steps per day.

For fun, I decided to put one on myself and one on my 15 month old.

As much as I'd hate to admit, she beats me most days in terms of steps. She averages about 5-6k at childcare and about 7-8k at home and on the weekends. Really thought she would take more steps at childcare considering there's just more space there to roam around! I now suspect she sits in the sandpit for ages at a time.

For comparison she does about 1000 steps before her daddy gets out of bed! Well done Hailey!

One extraordinary thing is, she knows what a pedometer is now! She can't say it, it is the longest word she knows but when I ask for it, she will always bring it to me. I'm pretty sure she's no idea what it is or what it does.

Update: she's calling it pedo-bid-dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment